What is ColorMaster?
ColorMaster is a part of PubLink’s DeskTopPro family of programs. It provides extensive color
capabilities in the printed page. Because it is an integrated package, it allows handling of color in the normal production cycle, virtually eliminating the need to use separate color systems such as Scitex, Hell, Crosfield, Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Separator.
What production benefits does it offer?
The ColorMaster color palette allows you to assign a number to a color definition. This may be a process color or spot color including the component ratios and/or dot patterns. This definition includes its trapping, screen and angle values as well as information regarding its separation (e.g., knockout or overlay). As you would expect, ColorMaster allows you to apply this color number at the design stage. Alternatively it may be applied later at the galley or proof stage. Color commands for text and backgrounds can be embedded into formats, style tags or the XML stylesheet, to make the application of color very easy and repeatable. With a simple change to the color palette, the correction cycle becomes comes a snap. Because ColorMaster runs on a Unix Workstation, the application, display and output of color is very fast.
Key Technical Capabilities
- Process and spot color application to text, lines, boxes and backgrounds.
- Application of PostScript tints and patterns.
- Knockouts and overprints.
- Ability to create transparencies where the color of the text is determined by the color the text overlaps.
- Color display of text and graphics for soft proofing purposes.
- Process and spot color separation of text and graphics.
- Color and gray scale composites.
- User definable crop and register marks.
- Ability to import EPS PostScript graphics from other applications like Adobe Illustrator.
- Single software vendor.
Key Color Capabilities
- Trapping values are set in the document or color table with actual trapping performed predictably in the RIP or distillation.
- Traps of the same color can be varied on different pieces of art on the same page.
- ColorMaster files can be exported to "high end" color systems.
ColorMaster is a part of PubLink’s DeskTopPro family of programs. It provides …Learn more
DesignMaster is our interactive page makeup program that uses a Unix windows …Learn more
KernMaster is an innovative program which produces the highest quality character spacing …Learn more
MasterPage is a high-speed full-capability book publishing product. It is part of …Learn more
MathMaster is a tried and proven professional mathematical composition module that uses …Learn more
While the rest of the pre-press system vendors were clinging to proprietary …Learn more
QualiType is a workstation-resident Hyphenation and Justification program offering high speed processing …Learn more