PostScript Output Module
What Is PubLink’s PostScript Output Module?
While the rest of the pre-press system vendors were clinging to proprietary output, PubLink (Penta) was busy developing an output module for the emerging PostScript standard. First introduced in the 1980s, PubLink’s PostScript driver combines the finest in quality typography with the unmatched flexibility of PostScript. It provides users with the ability to output complete pages with text, typographic effects, color, graphics, tints and screens in place.
What Are Its Features?
- Optimized DSC compliant coding provides fast RIP speeds.
- PostScript Level 1 and Level 2 support.
- Type can be rotated, reversed or outlined with simple commands. Users may develop globally available additional effects.
- Easy to use commands for efficient merging of graphics with complete cropping and scaling facilities.
- Fully user controllable tinting of type or background areas.
- Sophisticated screening with user selectable graphic shapes, angles, and pattern density. The DeskTopPro PostScript output module includes 13 pre-defined graphic shapes, including line, dot, and ellipse. Users may define additional shapes. Angles can be set to your printer’s exact specifications. Furthermore, complete control over density allows users to output proofs at 300 dpi, and finals at the highest resolution available on your imagesetter. Or, you can elect to have your intelligent RIP select optimum screen values for you.
- Easy to use commands for creating logarithmic and linear blends optimized for superior output quality.
- Segmented color allows users to apply different colors to portions of a character or backgound.
- The ability to output color or greyscale composites. For proofing purposes, low resolution graphics can be used to further speed output.
- The ability to produce fully trapped separations with complete control over overprints, knockouts, and trapping colors, widths, screens and positions.
- Printing options include the ability to output negative and/or wrong reading files; the ability to include crop and/or register marks; and for efficiency, 2 up page output is possible.
- Fonts can be included in documents for sending to service bureaus or for in-house printers without a full complement of fonts.
ColorMaster is a part of PubLink’s DeskTopPro family of programs. It provides …Learn more
DesignMaster is our interactive page makeup program that uses a Unix windows …Learn more
KernMaster is an innovative program which produces the highest quality character spacing …Learn more
MasterPage is a high-speed full-capability book publishing product. It is part of …Learn more
MathMaster is a tried and proven professional mathematical composition module that uses …Learn more
While the rest of the pre-press system vendors were clinging to proprietary …Learn more
QualiType is a workstation-resident Hyphenation and Justification program offering high speed processing …Learn more