What is MathMaster?
MathMaster is a tried and proven professional mathematical composition module that uses simple keyboard input for complex math equations. This software module has been widely used for over 25 years on Penta and PubLink systems around the world including the largest mathematical and scientific text publishers.
- MathMaster allows you to key display and in-line text equations.
- For run-over equations, breaking logic allows you to define relative and conjunctive break points. Each break point type has different logic for breaking and turn-over aligment.
- Equation numbers can easily be set to center vertically on the right or left side of a display equation.
- An equation database is available for customization of equation elements such as space band size, inferior and superior deflection percentage, and rule weight of equation rules (i.e., primary, secondary, radical, underscore and strikeout).
- Fractions, radicals, limits and matrices can be keyed with simple coding.
- Multi-level superiors and inferiors are automatically sized and positioned.
- Numerous commands are available for altering the position and typographical parameters of an equation element.
- Alignment points can be set to automatically align multiple pieces of the same equation.
- Oversized characters such as brackets, integral and square root are automatically sized to enclose multi-level equations.
- Graphics can be merged into any part of the equation including equation number, numerators, radicals and matrices.
- PubLink’s PostScript word strike-out command can be used to strike-out parts of an equation. This strike-out can be in color and automatically trapped.
- ColorMaster can be used to colorize any part of an equation or produce color backgrounds and blends within in the equation.
- Text lines containing in-line equations open up when necessary to avoid any text collision with lines above and below.
- Long in-line equations break and continue in the next text line.
- PubLink’s optional math-kern feature fits characters of different sizes against each other optimally,
based on analysis of character shape, and differently in each font.
- Horizontal braces can stretch to cover an equation term.
- Using PubLink’s optional XML Publisher, standard MathML equations are mapped easily to MathMaster coding for presentation.
ColorMaster is a part of PubLink’s DeskTopPro family of programs. It provides …Learn more
DesignMaster is our interactive page makeup program that uses a Unix windows …Learn more
KernMaster is an innovative program which produces the highest quality character spacing …Learn more
MasterPage is a high-speed full-capability book publishing product. It is part of …Learn more
MathMaster is a tried and proven professional mathematical composition module that uses …Learn more
While the rest of the pre-press system vendors were clinging to proprietary …Learn more
QualiType is a workstation-resident Hyphenation and Justification program offering high speed processing …Learn more